Muffins for breakfast
170 g FAGE Total yoghurt (0% or 5%)
100 g cake flour
100 g wholemeal flour
75 g sugar
200 g oat flakes
3 tsp. baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 mashed bananas
2 large eggs (yolks and whites separated)
75 ml milk
3 tablespoons coconut oil
175 g raisins
75 g seed assortment
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the centre and add the mashed bananas, egg yolks, milk, FAGE Total yoghurt and coconut oil.
- Gently mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon until a moist paste is formed. Be careful not to over-mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the dough with the raisins and half of the seeds until smooth.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 190°C until they are risen and golden brown on top.